Sunday, August 9, 2009

Nine More to Go!

Well, here are we are at 38 weeks and 5 days! Even as I'm writing this, I'm having a serious Braxton Hicks - fun times. I can't believe my body can stretch this much, but apparently it can! I can definitely tell baby girl is dropping lower and at Friday's appointment, we were at 1 cm - I can't seriously believe that nine centimeters is separating us from becoming parents. So, the bags are packed and ready to go. I go back again this Friday to check progress again, unless we are there sooner.

I started school this past week with some inservice days. It was fun to see all my teacher friends and sort of get back into the swing of things. It's a bit strange to know I won't be there very long in the beginning. I'm not teaching second grade this year - I'll be doing part-time reading support in third grade, which I am very excited about! I'm job sharing with a great girl and only working 2 1/2 days a week. Hopefully, David will be able to cover the times that I'm working, so we're thankful for that. It's odd to not go back tomorrow on the first day of school, but I'll be joining them on Tuesday afternoon. I'm really excited about this new opportunity and think it will be a great combination of staying in the working world and being at home.



No comments: