Today in the store, I met an elderly woman in the produce aisle who was debating which apples she should buy. I really like shopping during the day - it's a much different crowd than the after-work folks. Anyway, we struck up a conversation and she asked me when the baby was coming. When I said, "Tuesday," she said, "Oh my goodness!" I think she was afraid she might have to deliver the child among the grapes and apples.
I'm feeling more contractions these days though nothing regular at this point. Yesterday was my first full day at work (I went for only a half day on Tuesday). It was pretty tiring, so I am thankful I'm not having to do that every day. It was good to see my kids from last year since I've moved up to third grade with them.
One of the other teachers who has one of my former students with a challenging time paying attention said that yesterday she asked the children to spell the number 20. When my former student couldn't do it, the child told the teacher, "Mrs. King didn't tell me that last year." Ummm, what????? The teacher asked her to walk down to my room to inform me of that, but she didn't want to make the trip. Of course, right after the teacher told me that story, she walked back into her classroom after school and found that child's homework folder left on her desk! I said, "You must not have told her to take it home!" Ahh - children.
1 comment:
I love all of your little updates! I can't wait to meet sweet baby Audrey!
Your school started early! Most of the students at my school start on Monday. I will have two 1st grade boys with autism that I will shadow during the first few months of school to get them adjusted to things. The rest of my students start when the 4k and PCD classes start on August 26. So far I have 3 students that will get therapy with me, but they seem to be giving me more students every day. I'm really curious to see how my schedule turns out. Right now I feel like I'm going to need a clone.
Well be sure to get someone to call us when you're in labor. I need updates about baby girl! Can't wait to come see y'all in GA!
Post a Comment