Sunday, August 16, 2009

Eggplant, Anyone??

So, if you live near Atlanta and are approaching your due date, you will inevitably hear about this restaurant that serves Eggplant Parmesan that is 'guaranteed' to bring on labor! If you Google "eggplant parmesan and labor", the restaurant will come up along with the recipe from Good Morning America who did a story on it. The restaurant is called Scalini's and I was seriously considering us driving the 50 minutes to it until I realized that the sister restaurant is only 10 minutes away from our house. Now, Scalini's is so confident that they have an entire wall dedicated to eggplant babies, along with a page on their website of testimonies. If you eat there and do not have the baby within 48 hours, you get a free meal! Unfortunately, the sister restaurant Provino's, doesn't offer the same guarantee, but we decided to chance it anyway since it's the same recipe.

So, we ate last night around 7:30 - set your watches - we have until 7:30 PM on Monday to see if the theory holds true!! (By the way, when I read more about it, some people say it's not the actual eggplant but it's the basil and oregano used in the sauce. I put extra basil on my tomato sandwich yesterday and am sprinkling oregano into everything for lunch and dinner today!)



the dish - wonder if all that cheese brings on anything besides cholesterol??




No comments: