Thursday, August 27, 2009

Audrey's Arrival

Well, here she is! They aren't entirely in order but we're a little too tired to worry with that. It was an exciting and long day. We got to the hospital about 1:00 AM on Wednesday morning with contractions 5 minutes apart - they had started early Tuesday morning around 4:00 AM. I went to work (where they fussed at me) and they convinced me that we were probably on our way. By the time I got home from work around 4:00 PM, they were coming about 10 minutes apart. Needless to say, not much sleep and I was relieved to get to the hospital. We were around 3 CM at 3:00 AM and with a lot of Pitocin we were at 10 CM by 11:00 AM. I started pushing around noon and continued to push for over two hours. It was somewhat scary at times because Audrey didn't respond well to the contractions and her heartbeat would dip down below 60 several times (normal is 130-150). I could tell the nurse was getting nervous at points and she kept flipping me to my side. Needless to say Mom and David were very nervous too but none of us were sharing our feelings!

Eventually by 2:30, the doctor came in and said that she was simply too large to fit and we needed to go for a C-section. It wasn't exactly the way I planned it, but by that point, I just wanted her there soon and safely.

So, by 2:50 PM on Wednesday, she arrived! Audrey was 8 pounds, 2 ozs and measured 21 inches long. Her head was 13.5 inches which is why she wouldn't fit! Maybe room for lots of brains!

She's doing well. Already nursing every 2-3 hours and settling into a routine. She's very alert when she's awake and has a healthy set of lungs when she wants something. We're extremely grateful for all of your prayers and thankful for a happy and healthy baby. She's perfect!



with David's mom right after arrival





screaming right after she was born


checking her out after birth



posing for Daddy the photographer



with my dad, Pops




with David's parents



her first bath





Mimi's first glimpse




right after arrival



Mommy's first look





grumpy face



look how long she is!













11 comments:

Cheri said...

Absolutely precious!!I cannot wait to see her "in person." Congratulations!!!! love you

Carly said...

Yay! I'm so glad she is here. What an angel! Love you!

Amy Lowe said...

Yay, Yay, Yay - LOVE the pictures - precious! So proud of you - hope you are getting some rest when you can!

Cindy L said...

Audrey is so perfect indeed! She is so round and mature. Granny would say she is a "Gerber baby".
We are so happy for you both!
Thanks for sharing her with us all.

Elizabeth said...

Awww she looks like you, especially your baby pictures. She's beautiful! I love her so much already. I'm so happy!

Mallory said...

She is beautiful, guys! Congrats!

Lauren, if I can do anything to help you with breastfeeding, please let me know. I'm working on my lactation consultant certification and would love to talk to you if you have any questions. email me for my phone number - amygiles@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Audrey is so beautiful! Thanks for posting so many pictures. We can't wait to see more. We are so happy to hear that you are all doing well. Welcome to the world Audrey!

Ashley T. Murdoch said...

She is perfect!!! Congrats : )

Theresa said...

She is just beautiful. Bella was 8 lb 2 oz... I love a "pudgy" newborn. Glad things are going well. Give a holla when you're ready for visitors!

Musings said...

Congrats, Kings! She is beautiful. Love to you guys!
Elizabeth Hagan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! Audrey is gorgeous! Nap whenever you can :) Can't wait to get all our girls together one day!
Love you,
Kyle and Family