Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Due Date

Well, friends, no news yet, even on our due date. We went back to the doctor this morning and things still seem to be about the same - 1 cm and the same position. She is still head down which is good, but she's still not dropping low enough. So, we will hang on and see if she makes a grand appearance on her own or return to the doctor on Monday. Then, they will do an ultrasound to determine how she's doing and how big she is (right now she's measuring normal) and give us 3 choices: 1) keep going for one more week to 42 weeks!! 2) try to induce which might take 2 days if things haven't changed much or 3) schedule a C-section.

I would really like to avoid the C-section route if possible, so pray with us that she will arrive in her good time on her own! Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good - ready to get her here but nothing we can't handle. We'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

Kate Perry said...

Oh goodness!! Many prayers flying your way!

I'm sorry I told her to stay in. ;)

Meredith said...

Hi Lauren! Wishing you a wonderful labor and delivery.

I definitely did not want a C section either, but let me reassure you that it's not bad at all if you have to do it. My Henry was unable to withstand the pushing (his heart rate dropped dangerously low) so we had an emergency section. I have recovered extremely easily and I have a beautiful, healthy baby! :)

Best wishes and love!