Sunday, July 5, 2009

Good times

I had a fun week this week while David was away in Houston at a conference. I'm never big on times when he's away traveling, so I filled it up with many of my favorite people! On Wednesday, Megan came to visit with her newest addition, Sam, and he was incredible! Wow - I would be so spoiled if my first acted like that! He just ate and slept on a great schedule - that little mama has it done. I took lots of notes and watched everything she did. It was great to have a live newborn example to see before ours comes along. I was a little nervous about Lucy meeting him - she's never been around babies. She did pretty well with him when he was asleep. She just licked his toes and smelled him, but when he would whimper, she got a little "barky". Luckily, since David and his dad just put up a fence in the backyard for her this month, I could put her outside when she made me too nervous.

Then, my parents came in town on Thursday night. As usual, we went to work! They helped me in the yard by getting some old flowers dug up and new ones planted, along with some weeding. Then, we rearranged the nursery furniture to a better layout. Mom and I washed lots of clothes for baby girl and got them put away in her dresser and closet, along with many other shower gifts. Her room is taking shape! This week, we plan to paint her bookcase and get that placed. Then, I will post pictures! Only 6 more weeks to go!

1 comment:

Jackie Mc said...

Glad you girls had a fun day & you had a real baby around for awhile . I am sure Audrey will be a good baby ,too. Looking forward to pics.