Back to the doctor for our weekly check today. She says the baby is still head down and things are looking like they are progressing! She predicted that she's a little over six pounds and everything is measuring normally: weight, heartbeat, etc. David's praying that she doesn't arrive before he finishes his dissertation proposal in the next week or so. We'll see - I'm sure it won't be the first time she disturbs our plans if she shows up a bit early. Can't say that I would complain if she did!
I started back to school this week with a writer's workshop conference. I had no idea there were so many MD's in my school! Some of my co-workers say, "Oh no, you haven't dropped enough to have her yet!" Others (after feeling my stomach) say, "Oh, you are so close. She's right there!" Hilarious - they should probably stick to teaching! One of our secretaries said that she was so paranoid about her water breaking in the grocery store that she always started shopping the pickle aisle. She would get a large jar in her cart, so that if her water broke, she could throw it on the floor and claim it was just the pickle juice! Can't say that I have a plan for grocery store water breaking for myself!
I officially start back to work on Wednesday. We were supposed to start on Monday, but we've been "furloughed" due to state budget cuts. Isn't that a funny term to use? I thought "furlough" meant you have a break while being paid! This is definitely not the state's concept. I guess "leave without pay" doesn't play quite as well on the evening news. Oh well - at least, we still have our jobs and insurance.
All in all, we've had a pretty productive summer. So far, we've (collective "we", meaning mostly David and our helpers!):
-put up a fence
-had new carpet put down upstairs
-painted every ceiling in the house
-painted the dining room and the nursery
-washed all of Audrey's clothes and belongings for the nursery
-went to the beach, AL, and SC
-had our fridge and septic tanks worked on (lovely experiences!)
-read lots of books on baby stuff!
Tomorrow is our childbirth class from 8:30-6:45 - if we don't learn it then, it's probably not worth knowing. I'm going to cover David's eyes for some of it, so he still agrees to come with me to the hospital. We'll let you know how that goes! Two weeks left!
2 comments:
Whoa, that's a long baby class!! I've been meaning to call you all week and see how you are doing... hope all is well. Love ya!
It is August! The month you will give birth! How do you feel?! Love you!
Post a Comment