Then, we went to visit David's family in AL for a shower thrown by his home church. The ladies were very sweet and invited David to join in. It was his first baby shower, and I'd say he did pretty well at being able to identify the gifts!
The night between the beach and the shower we decided to brave it and put together an IKEA dresser that we got for Audrey's room. Word to the wise - IKEA has fun stuff and actually the dresser feels pretty sturdy once David got it together, but the directions have NO WORDS! Literally - there are no words, just pictures. And none of the parts are labeled. So, hopefully, a long Braves game will be on when you put your IKEA furniture together like there was for us. Enjoy!
St. Simons Sunset
David's favorite - putt putt at the beach - Audrey must be good luck - I got 2 holes in one and won by 2 strokes!
David at putt-putt
Last year, while we were at St. Simons we discovered the chapel at the Methodist retreat center where we stayed. We went inside one day and found that they take prayer requests there and you can leave them for their prayer team. At that point, we had been hoping for a child for a while with no success. We left our request there and prayed together there several times. It was so great to return this year and celebrate a prayer answered!
At the beach in the evening
32 weeks
David putting together the IKEA dresser
One of the guests at the shower was David's 2nd grade teacher. He was in her last class before she retired. She gave us 2 books, and one was the Velveteen Rabbit. She left a note inside the book saying that she had read this to David's class when he was young. We can't wait to share it with Audrey!
I also found a simple children's version of Anne of Green Gables this week. It's one of my all-time favorites and I had to get it for her!
Opening gifts
me and Jennifer, David's sister
the gift table
one of our favorite gifts was from David's mom - she embroidered a diaper bag with Audrey's name and filled it with lots of goodies
Jennifer and David
David's Aunt Trish, mom Kaye, David, me and Jennifer
The brunch table
1 comment:
Hi Lauren
things are getting exciting I know. I am so excited for you!!! and David of course:O)
When you went to St. Simons do you ever go over to Jekyll to check out the old homes at the Jekyll Island Plantation. That is a vacation that Charner and I love. Carly and I also did that for Spring Break one year.. love it. Love St. Simons too!! love you
Post a Comment