Wednesday, February 13, 2013

the big 3-4

It has been a wonderful day celebrating my birthday with my little family today. It started out pretty early, around 3:30 AM with Kathryn needing a little cuddle time. It was pretty hard to get out of my cozy bed, but I have to admit that it was pretty cute, when she said, "Appy Biday". Now, this is not because my almost 18 month old is a genius who recognizes her mother's birthday; it is her current favorite song, but I will take it!

Around 7 AM, Audrey burst into the bathroom with a pink cardstock card with the words, "Happy Birthday Mommy" on the front and a purple heart inside. Though I have been lamenting the fact that it has been three years since I have finished an entire cup of coffee and/or gone to the bathroom alone, I have to admit that I loved her little interruption.

My sweet husband was gracious enough to help get Audrey started on her morning routine and help with all of the morning chores while I had a little wake up time with Kathryn. Then, Kathryn and I spent the morning with Audrey at her school for her Valentine party which was adorable. Audrey was proud to show us her classroom and friends, and Kathryn made herself entirely at home. Putting stickers on her own heart paper, icing her own cookie, and walking up to all of the three year olds a head taller than herself...that girl is our social butterfly. Then, Kathryn and I went to visit another sweet friend while Audrey finished up her morning.

We came back home for naps, take out Mexican and Gigi's cupcakes...a perfect combination.

This year has held many changes for us...leaving jobs, moving from our first home, walking through illness with my dad, finding a new community and church, parenting a three year old and one year old..lots of life for twelve months. And, yet, through it all God continues to show his face and guidance. In only a little more than three years, we have been blessed with not only one but two sweet little lives. I was thinking about the meanings behind their names today. Audrey "Elizabeth" - Elizabeth meaning "my God in abundance" and Kathryn "Grace" - a second child for us, nothing but pure grace. Thanks to our God for showing us such abundance and grace in these last few years. I am thankful and blessed to see all that is to come.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Precious! Happy Birthday, friend! Love you and your sweet family. :)