
Last Sunday, we celebrated Audrey's dedication at church. Pastor Julie spoke to us and then to the congregation before walking Audrey down the aisles. Our service is early - 9:00 AM - prime napping time for the babe. She was getting pretty sleepy beforehand, so I was crossing my fingers. She did great...until...Julie's microphone went out and made a loud popping sound before coming back on. Audrey is not a fan of loud noises, so that set her off. Unfortunately, it was the cry that I know is not going to end quickly. Julie walked her back up to the front and passed her over to mama. She continued to whine during the prayer, but she did settle down once she was back to the nursery. Overall, she did a great job considering all of the excitement of the weekend.

Before the service

Notice her picture on the screen behind the band

And, we're crying

Julie trying to talk her down from the brink

This is the only shot of the three of us where Audrey is not either hitting me in the head with the Bible or eating it.

Mimi and Pops

She's eating the "bread of life"

And, I had to include this freakish picture. Isn't it hilarious? Audrey is apparently a mini Joel Osteen - you know when he says, "Church, lift up your Bibles and repeat after me." I am - well, I don't know what I'm doing - I'm just trying not to get pelted by the Word.
No comments:
Post a Comment