Thursday, October 15, 2009

Seven Weeks Update

Yesterday marked Audrey's 7 week birthday. We have noticed that she is really putting her fingers in her mouth a lot lately, and seems to have found her thumb. She particularly sucks on it after her bath, and last night I noticed that it's her left hand she's favoring. She might be a leftie, like her mommy and daddy!

For the past few days, she has been going down much easier for her naps. We finally experimented with just swaddling her and leaving her down in the crib, instead of rocking her beforehand. She puts herself to sleep each time! By the end of the afternoon, she is a bit fussier so we're putting her in the swing for that nap, but I can't believe how well she's putting herself down. She had her first babysitter this week. Karen Gilbert, from our church in Dallas, was in town and offered to babysit. I warned her that supper time could be pretty rocky, but she made it through! David and I enjoyed our meal at Bonefish Grill, but I was ready to get home to her afterwards.

We're still waking once a night around 3 AM, but we're experimenting with doing one last late night feeding around 10:30 that we're hoping will stretch her to 6 or 7 AM. Back to work next week, so it would be great to start getting a full night's rest!

Ready for an afternoon walk
Smiling girl




Finding that thumb



2 comments:

Jackie Mc said...

I love the pictures announcing her age. She will love seeing that one day and ,Lauren ,she is your clone. Beautiful! Sorry David but you are just not there. Well maybe in the middle of the night . . Sam looks like a porky beside Audrey but ,hey, HE IS !

Elizabeth said...

... And a lefty like her cousin Elizabeth! I have some little goodies for her that I just couldn't help but buy. I'll get in touch with you about getting them to you! Love ya!