Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Happy Girl (Sometimes!)

Audrey has really been smiling up a storm lately (when she's happy!) and especially loves her mobile. Here are a few pics from the past few days. Unfortunately, she's starting a new phase of not loving sleeping in her crib. We'll get her swaddled and rock her until she's drowsy and then put her down. Within 30 minutes or so, she's waking up like she's startled herself and crying. I'm trying to let her cry it out a bit and see if she will settle back down. If you have any advice, feel free to leave a comment! She still prefers her swing to sleep in, but I'm really trying to save that for our last ditch effort. I read that the 6-8 week stage can be really fussy as they're becoming more socially aware of people and wanting mommy and daddy to be around all of the time. Yesterday, she cried for about 30 minutes until it was time to feed again. When I walked in the room, she immediately stopped and just started grinning. "I got ya" was in her eyes! Seriously.


Loving the mobile (5 wks)
All swaddled up

My new bunny shirt


Mobile fun


Loving daddy at my most cranky time in the evening


With our friend Amanda who came to visit with her husband Chris this weekend





1 comment:

Meredith said...

Lauren, I read that too - about 6 weeks being the peak of fussiness. I promise it truly does pass!