We have had a busy weekend of Santa sightings this weekend. Unfortunately, David and I are both under the weather so after every adventure, we have said, "Whoa, that was intense." But, we made it! We started out at the local Methodist church for Muffins with Santa yesterday. Audrey is starting at this church two days a week in January, and she is really excited to go to a school where she "has her own nap mat." (We'll see how that works out...)
We have learned to get places early with wee ones, so we arrived about 15 minutes before the doors opened. They had a variety of muffins set out and tons of crafts to entertain the kids until they had their turn with Santa. Then, we had a little storytime about the true story of Christmas. Now, we all know I love Jesus, but Kathryn doesn't always love storytime, so I was sweating by the time it was over. She had already wallowed all over their stuffed sheep and just about knocked over the camel, when we finally heard the "ho, ho, ho."
 |
| Audrey was delighted to see Santa and tell him she wanted "a pogo stick." This girl saw an Elmo episode about pogo sticks about two years ago and STILL talks about it. Not sure how we are going to deal with one... |
 |
| Here, he is telling her she will have to be careful. She said, "Yes, I know, Santa." So wise... |
 |
| Kathryn had very little to say to Santa, but let me tell you, he held that baby for a hot second and passed her right on back to momma. Perhaps crying babies is Mrs. Claus' department? |
 |
| We also went to a parade yesterday afternoon and got the girls off schedule with their naps. These girls like a schedule like their momma, so we paid for it last night. This was an attempt at a post church shot. Audrey was awake from 11-1:30 last night and Kathryn took over from 2-3:30, so needless to say, we are all in need of a nap. Sorry I didn't crop out the orchestra chairs - I am still tired! Merry, merry, folks. |
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment