Sunday, April 4, 2010

First Easter

It's so fun to celebrate all of the holidays with Audrey. Everything is a new experience again! We started the weekend by driving up to Spartanburg for Friday night dinner with the Pettys. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera out so I didn't capture any photos. On Saturday, we drove over to see Jackie and Billy (Megan's mom and dad.) Carly and Davis came over along with Megan's brood of Sam, Jack and Anna. It was hilarious to see them interact. Audrey just sat in a daze most of the time! Then, we went back to mom and dad's house for a gathering with mom's side of the family. Aunt Lois was able to come and Aunt Carole came down with Elise and Thad and a whole bunch of Easter eggs so the Boo had her first 'hunt!'

We came back last night and went to the outdoor service at our church which was beautiful! After a good long nap for all three of us this afternoon, we headed out for Audrey's first trip to the park. She got in a swing for the first time and went down the slide. She was a little confused at first, but she started to warm up to the idea by the end.

It was a great weekend filled with family and friends. We are grateful to God for the many ways that He has shown us new life!







I have to share these pictures. I have these little wooden rabbits out so I thought it would be fun to get Butter Bean's pcitures with them. At first, she thought they were interesting, but by the end, she was clearly not a fan. Note the expressions.

"Maybe I could eat the raffia..."


"He's kind of cute."



"You looking at me?"


"I don't know if I care for you."


"Your ears are in my face."


"Get him away from me!!"





Davis playing in the kitchen.





The best shot we could get of the five. It was a one second moment before Davis and Sam disappeared.



The girls - we can't believe we have 5 children amongst us.


Carly and Davis - ready to get on to the next toy.


Jack and Davis on the bikes.



Jackie (TTB) with Audrey, Jack and Anna.



Sam was very interested in Audrey's headband.



Aunt Carole and Sharon


Aunt Lois with Audrey (AL just had some surgery on her nose, hence the bandages. I was afraid Audrey would try to pull at them, but she liked the fringe on the blankets.)



Some Carter girls: Chloe and Jennifer on the sofa, Michaela, Elise and Audrey on the floor.



"hunting" for eggs


a family pic



outside at church


FBC


We headed into the sanctuary at the end for some baptisms. Boo's latest thing is looking back and trying to "kiss" your face. It's so precious - love those moments!!


Watching a baptism



At the cross made of flowers



Daddy and Boo at the park



Showing off some new headgear - there's a bunny under those ribbons



Up close



ready for the plunge
























No comments: