Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I Want to Live in My Garage..and other randomness

Why do I want to live in my garage, you ask? Because it's finally cleaned out! We love our house, but one major drawback is that we don't really have an attic space or a basement for storage. So, what happens to all our stuff - old college books, Christmas decorations, etc.? It all piles up in the garage. This was a big priority for me to get straightened out before the summer, and David did a great job. We went through and sorted things out into boxes first and then I found my new best friend - a label maker! David cleaned out the garage, painted the walls and floor, put together shelving, and by 8:00 Saturday night, we had a lovely space! I know some of the pictures are dark, but hopefully you can get the idea.

Earlier Sat. morning, I went over to a work friend's house. She just had her second daughter last August and was ready to get rid of her baby clothes, so I went by and found some great picks. Below are some highlights. Keeps making things more real...





A straightened garage - sorry for the dark picture


Our first labeled box!



Our garage storage


Baby girl's Valentine's Day outfit


And Thanksgiving and St.Pat's Day!


Can a girl have too much pink and/or purple?





Daddy's favorite


New bouncy and Bjorn

1 comment:

Jackie Mc said...

Just go ahead & invest in an out building b/c with a little one on the way you will need more space for THINGS. Your garage does look good & I love the baby things. NO ,YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TO MANY PINKS!

love ya, TT& B