Monday, March 2, 2009

Celebrating 60!

We had a great weekend going home to SC to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday with a surprise drop-in on Saturday afternoon! We had a golf theme, and I think we really managed to surprise him with almost 60 close family and friends. See lots of pics below.

P.S. Got lots of questions about the bambino this weekend. We're doing well. 16 weeks along tomorrow. We got to hear the heartbeat last Thursday - 150 beats/minute which is evidently good and normal - words we like to hear. We're scheduled to find out boy or girl on David's birthday, March 27th. I can't wait - I am ready to decorate!



Dad walking in the doorway - I think he was genuinely surprised!


Each table setting had a different significant year of his life and the reason on the other side.


My brother, Ryan, and I


Mom talking with guests


Mom and Mrs. Blanton


My cousins, Katheryn and Michaela


Friends from Duncan and the Carter clan


Each guest registered by signing a golf ball


Ryan, Michaela and Katheryn


Dad's cake


dad blowing out the candles


Dad and my uncle Bruce


dad and Mrs. Blanton


the Carter clan


My aunt Carol cutting the cake


Beta Club friends


more Beta club shots

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Lauren, it was so nice to hear from you! Congrats on your bundle of joy too!

Megan said...

What a cute idea! Love all the golf stuff and wish your Dad a happy birthday for me!

PS I thought you were growing your hair out? Looks like you cut it - I like it!