Sunday, February 15, 2009

The big 3-0!

Thanks for the birthday wishes on Friday. I turned 30 on Friday, the 13th! It was a good day. My students were really sweet and excited (plus high on Valentine's sugar.) It was the birthday for flowers - I got some really beautiful ones, as you'll see below. When I got to school, my favorite cake (yellow with fudge icing) was on my desk. My ESOL teacher had made it and it is delicious! Then, when we were eating lunch another 2nd grade teacher made a beautiful princess cake (I'll post it when she emails me the pic.) Why princess? Because I'm know as Snow White amongst my colleagues - they think I'm always happy like she is - ha, ha, they haven't seen me at 6 in the morning!

Then, about 10 of my teacher friends and I went out to our favorite Mexican spot to celebrate for a while which is always a fun time. Unfortunately, David was at home finishing up his second exam. He's in the midst of this exam period, which is what the 3rd year of his program is all about, so he's been hibernating with books since November. But, he's halfway done and will be completely done at the end of this week! His last oral exam where they grill him on what he wrote will be in early March.

Anyway, a fun day overall and I don't feel that much older. Oh, and I got a MAJOR haircut on Thursday - I'll post pics when David gets home and I'm feeling bold!


yellow mum from David



little violet from one of my cutest little students


wonderful smelling hyacinth from another one of my ESOL teachers, Peggy


Red tulips my mom and dad


Pink and yellow tulips from my friend, Mary

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Those violets remind me of Grandmother. She always had a gazillion of those things!