Ok, I don't want to overload the blog, but I really can't forget these conversations with Audrey.
On the way to pick up our lovely Honda Odyssey (that continues to brake on its own in the middle of traffic, and the dealership claims they can't fix because they can't find it, and Honda National tells us they can't do anything about and it will be filed in a computer somewhere never to be discussed again until hundreds of other people claim the same thing..or die in multiple wrecks...can you tell I'm bitter about this?), we dropped off some library books at the drop box. I had to fill David in on my technique for this. Audrey hates the idea that she has return her books, particularly when we aren't going in to get more books, so I have to put them in a large bag, quickly put them in the car, and shield them with my body as I'm putting in the chute, so she doesn't know I am returning her books.
As David is completing his covert mission, she says, "Mommy, are those all your books?"
Me: Yes, I've read a lot recently.
David: Your mom is quite a reader.
Me: Yes, and Audrey is quite a reader too.
Audrey: No, Mommy, I'm just a picture-er.
No comments:
Post a Comment