Monday, November 5, 2012

T-H-E

This little girl has always been a book lover. From the time she was only six or seven months old, she would sit for long periods of time in my lap listening to me read books and beg me for more. In fact, she really preferred that to any of her toys. While we were reading before bed a few nights ago, I decided to try pointing out a word to her and seeing if she could start to remember it by sight. Let's start with the basics..."T-H-E spells the." I remember Ms. Carolyn repeating that phrase over and over to me in daycare when I was little as we walked down the halls. Sure enough, over the past few nights since, I have pointed out the word to her again, and she remembered "the!" Can we count that as her first reading word?? It's so exciting to see her grow and love reading as much as we do. Love our sweet, smart girl!

No comments: