It's official. David has earned his Ph.D. in church history from Emory. We are so excited and proud! It has been a challenging and long six years, and he has been very diligent and disciplined. I threw a little surprise party for him when he returned this morning from his defense. He was really surprised. I was worried that he might have caught onto me when I kept trying to answer the calls from real estate agents about showings today. He left about 9:30, and we had a showing at 11:00. Then, David's parents came and helped me set up tables and food. We had a wonderful time together. As Audrey told him, "Yeah, Daddy. I'm so proud of you. Now, you don't have to do any more work."
Rhona and Chris Shaeffer (college roommate)
Julie and Tim Pennington Russell (Pastor Julie), Chris and Amanda Faulkner (church friends)
Below: Ian and Elliott Campbell (children of Emory colleague)
Emory cookies!
Kaye (David's mom) made this cute cake.
Kathryn had fun too!
David and his dissertation of 412 pages!
We are all happy!
1 comment:
Congrats, Dave! Best of luck to you and your sweet family in the transition to come!
Post a Comment