Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sharing with Friends

Audrey is IN LOVE with Elmo. When she sees any television, she points to it and says, "Elmo" as if he will magically appear. Even though she hated her Tickle Me Elmo at Christmas time, she is loving him when he's not turned on. Yesterday, she started sharing her snack with him. She takes a sip of her milk, then puts the cup in his mouth. She eats a goldfish, then she feeds him. It's so fun to see her starting with some imaginative play. She also said her first official phrase yesterday, "Hey Elmo."

When I picked her up from Mother's Morning Out last week, the teachers said she was playing with another little girl all morning in the kitchen. They were saying, "hot, hot" and serving each other at the table. Of course, every time they sat down, they had to fold their hands and shout, "Amen!"


In other news, she is transitioning to one nap a day this week. I'm trying to keep her up until lunch time which I've started around 11:30 or so. She did pretty well today. She was ready to go down right after she ate, but she slept from about 1:00-3:15, so that was a success. Times are a changing!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

That's wonderful, Lauren! I'm trying to keep Henry up until then, but he's not made it yet. Today it was 10:45, so we're progressing.

I know what you mean about the imaginative play. It blows my mind and is so much fun to watch!