Our church had an amazing fall festival this past week, so David and I took some of the Burmese refugee children I have gotten to know over the past year. It was their first experience with fair rides, cotton candy, ponies, costumes, McDonald's, and Halloween, in general. Sensory overload, I'm sure, but they seemed to have a great time.
Forgive our costumes - eclectic at best. I let them pull from masks I have at school, make-up, mardi gras beads, and fairy skirts. One child even put it all over camouflage. Who cares, right??
Zaey on the pony ride

All 3 girls on the ponies - they were very confused why we didn't just call them "horse"
All of the kids: the little boy was a bit overwhelmed and freezing, but he started to cheer up once he got some cotton candy. He fell asleep as soon as I put him in the car to go home.
1 comment:
The kids are so cute... so are the ponies! =D...
Hey, I have a blogspot now... but how do I friend you? This thing makes me feel old. x_X
Caitlin
Post a Comment