Andrew Graham King has arrived! Our c-section was scheduled for Thursday morning, Dec 19 at 7:30 AM. Needless to say, I wasn't sleeping much the night before so I woke up easily at 2 am when I realized my water broke. We were very thankful that Grandmother and Granddaddy were already at our house and ready to take on the girls, so that we could head straight to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital around 2:30 AM and they rolled me right into Labor and Delivery.
I was in active labor for about two hours and thankfully, Dr. Kennedy (a partner in the same group as my doctor, Dr. Laura Bishop) was willing to wake up and come on down for the c-section! I was very thankful to not have to wait too long.
A few minutes before Andrew arrived...
He officially came at 4:42 am.
Here is one of my nurses holding up the big boy...nine pounds, fourteen ounces and 21" long. Everyone was surprised to see how big he was.
Big man on campus
The board in surgery noting Dr. Kennedy and friends.
footprints
I was able to hold him on our way back to the room. We were in and out of the OR in about 45 minutes.
This was my main nurse, Cammie, in Labor and Delivery - very sweet!
I was moved to Recovery right before 7 AM and Grandmother, Granddaddy and the girls came to visit later in the morning. Here, I am face timing with my mom so she could also see their reactions. They were very curious! Audrey was especially curious about the buttons my bed and why I had so many "band aids".
Grandmother and Andrew
Happy big sisters
Granddaddy and Andrew
Kathryn holding onto her bunny and was even willing to share it with her little brother!
My friend Kate from MOPS came to visit on Friday.
Proud Daddy
update board in my recovery room
It's officially our boy!
Stephen and Jonathan Cook (our pastor and friend)
Benjamin Cook holding Andrew
We have had a good stay at the hospital. The nurses and staff have been really kind, and there is a nursery here that we can send the baby to at night. At our hospital in GA, there was only a nursery for the NICU babies, so we have been thankful to have some respite to sleep during those times when he is with the nurses. We are thankful to God for a healthy and beautiful baby - we have been blessed beyond our prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment