Monday, February 21, 2011

Bye Bye Birdie

What is David doing? Last Tuesday morning, David left for a meeting and Audrey and I were reading in the den. I heard something rustling around in the chimney and decided to "ignore" it until he got home. We had a little squirrel friend in there a few years ago that came out quite disturbed, so we prepared ourselves before opening it up. We put Audrey down for her nap, put the dog in the garage, rolled up the rug, and barricaded the space past the back door into the den with boxes. David put on his work gloves, and we both grabbed towels to shoo the animal out.

To our surprise, a small black bird flew out. I know it was probably less traumatic than a squirrel (for us, not the bird), but I really despise birds. It kept flying over my head and went straight for the kitchen skylight. It finally flew out the front door after shooing it with the broom. An interesting adventure for a Tuesday afternoon!

No comments: