This fall has been very busy but good. For the past couple of years, after auditing a class at Fuller on world poverty issues, I have been doing some volunteer work with refugees that move into our area. I started talking with our missions minister about formalizing a ministry to these folks, and things have been coming together over the past few months. We formed a team of about eight families, and we have been matched with a young family from Burma. They have two young children and they arrived in the States last week.
We began collecting items for their apartment over the summer and spent a Saturday a couple of weeks ago setting up their place. We then greeted them at the airport last week. I'm sure they were quite overwhelmed and exhausted. Since then, I've been able to visit a few times. They are really excited to learn English and get their kids enrolled in American schools. I'm thrilled to see their enthusiasm and am praying that their transition will go as smoothly as possible.
Here are a few pics from apartment set up day and their arrival at the airport.
We began collecting items for their apartment over the summer and spent a Saturday a couple of weeks ago setting up their place. We then greeted them at the airport last week. I'm sure they were quite overwhelmed and exhausted. Since then, I've been able to visit a few times. They are really excited to learn English and get their kids enrolled in American schools. I'm thrilled to see their enthusiasm and am praying that their transition will go as smoothly as possible.
Here are a few pics from apartment set up day and their arrival at the airport.
No comments:
Post a Comment