We have had a couple of big weekends in a row, and Audrey has become quite the social butterfly! Last weekend, I had a few of my second grade teacher friends over for lunch and Audrey got to meet Ellie. She is a couple of months older than Audrey, so we always look at her blog to see what Audrey is supposed to be doing next! It was so good to catch up with these friends.
On Sunday, we left to travel with David to Nashville. He had a meeting there, so we decided to tag along and visit my dear friend, Amy, who was my roommate at Samford and Fuller. She and her husband, Matt, had sweet Claire only 6 weeks ago! Needless to say, we had a great time catching up and playing with our sweet girls. We can't wait until they can play and run around with each other - discovering they too are BFF!

one of my mentor teachers and an all around fabulous person, Jeanine, with Ellie and Audrey

Ashley and Ellie, Audrey and me

My hilarious neighbor and fabulous teacher friend, Chris Sapp with the Boo

This is Audrey meeting MaMaw (Elizabeth Abbott), Amy's grandmother. They were both quite taken with each other! We love MaMaw and PaPaw-our Nashville "grandparents."

Amy and Audrey - Audrey loved watching Amy's mouth when she talked, for some reason.

the sweet girls

Sitting up! She's pretty stable on her own, but we keep pillows around, just in case. She is also loving her toys now.

The Gus Man - Amy and Matt's precious, sweet and CALM dog

PaPaw (Henry Abbott), Amy's grandfather with Claire. When he mentioned he saw the girls' pictures on Facebook, I said, "Yes, can you believe the difference in their sizes?" He replied, "Oh, I learned a long time ago never to comment on a lady's size!" I told him I didn't think it counted if you're under two years old.

Oh, and the Butter Bean finally rolled over while we were there! She's still not thrilled about it (she would prefer that I just turn her over) but she did it twice, so we're calling it official.

Right before the big flip

'But, I want to hold her..."

the first meeting - both were enthralled, as you can tell..

"maybe we'll chat later."

The first night we were there, David and I ran into a taco restaurant where the cool Vandy college kids hang out. We let Audrey know that her parents are still very hip - I don't know how impressed she was. The kids did like her funky hat, though.

Just because I want to show you how I eat my bear.
In other firsts, she did very well in the car seat the whole way to Nashville and back. She slept for most of the trip. She also sat in a high chair at McDonald's for the first time and even tried to sip out of her Daddy's straw. (She got pears instead of fries.) We were very proud of our little traveler!
4 comments:
Loved having you here!
Audrey just needs to get on the Cute Train - she is such a doll!
Was is SATCO?
Audrey is a doll, Lauren!
Yes, it was SATCO! So fun. We went back to our college days, for a bit.
Post a Comment